Ten questions you and your employees should be asking when considering Healthcare plans:
1. What is the difference between HMO, PPO, EPO, and POS?
2. Do the plans offered cover dental and vision care? Will I need to get separate coverage for that?
3. What are the potential costs and terms I have to be familiar with? What do they mean?
– Maximum Out-of-Pocket
4. What makes up the deductible?
– Do I have to pay the full deductible out-of pocket first?
– Does my office visit co-pay contribute to my deductibles?
5. Are prescriptions covered?
6. If I have to pay a coinsurance or deductible, does it count towards the maximum out-of-pocket allowed?
7. Are prescriptions through a different company? Do they offer pharmacy and mail order options?
8. Do I have the option of selecting my own doctors?
9. Do I need referrals from a primary physician?
10. When is the re-enrollment period?